Community Services Executive Manager
Mr N. Mjo
Contact: 040 6733 095
Fax: 040 6733771
Secretary: Ms Anathi Zitshu
Poverty eradication through community development programmes shaped for job creation and advancement of entrepreneurial skills of those within Ngqushwa Municipality.
The Department is dedicated to ensure that residents within our boundaries enjoy a safe, secure and economical viable environment through transfer of information on various services that the municipality offers.
To ensure that the Municipality utilizes local resources that brings economic benefits to the community.
Sections under community services department:-
- Local Economic Development (LED)
- Waste Management
- Traffic Services
Local Economic Development Manager - Mr A. Ndinise
Agriculture and Rural Development Manager - Ms N. Maxengana
- Oversee agricultural projects both animal and crop productions
- Manages day to day relationships with community facilitators, project bookkeeper, field logistician, technical facilitators and grants facilitators.
- Implement technical aspects of the agriculture project as to achieve project goals according to agreed upon timelines.
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results to assess project impact and effective use of resources.
Tourism Manager - Mr L May
This section has the needs of the communities at heart as it focuses on job creation and the elimination of poverty within the area:
- Assisting and funding of tourism projects.
- Assisting Small Micro Medium enterprises (SMME’s) in accessing funding.
Environment and Waste Manager - Mr R. Mkontwana
Waste management for a long time has not been considered a priority in South Africa. Integrated waste management planning was rarely undertaken. The attitude reflected by all spheres of government has resulted in waste impacting detrimentally on the South African environment and health.
Section 24 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa (Act 108 of 1996), states that the people of South Africa have a right to an environment that is not detrimental to human health and imposes a duty on the state, to promulgate legislation and to implement policies to ensure that this right is upheld.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Managing of the refuse removal and cleansing section
- Ensuring an effective refuse removal programme
- Ensuring enforcement of by laws relating to waste management
- Ensuring proper management of solid waste sites and encouraging recycling for both minimization and creation of job opportunities
- Ensuring that streets and sidewalks are kept clean
- Arranging community awareness campaigns in collaboration with municipal health
- Managing and guiding cleaning projects within Ngqushwa Municipality area
- Managing the issuing of business licenses
- Investigating any complaints about the Municipal's waste services
- Managing of commonage
Traffic – Mr J Jooste
The section is responsible for maintaining Law and Order on the roads within the municipality boundaries by means of visible policing and Law Enforcement and Speed Law Enforcement. Attend to accidents scenes and assisting with protest marches, escort duties, roadblocks etc.
Disaster Management (Amathole District Municipality- Peddie Office )
Contact: 040 673 3216
The section entails safety, emergency and rescue services in communities. The services concern disaster affected households; storm, floods and fire damages within Ngqushwa municipality.